Turkey's exports of table olives increased by 14 percent at the first half of the 2017-2018 season compared to the same period of the previous season and it reached to 71 million 53 thousand dollars.
According to a written statement made by the Aegean Exporters Union, table olive exports, which were 62 million 225 thousand dollars in the first half of last year, reached 71 million 53 thousand dollars, with the highest figure of the last 4 seasons.
Turkey in this season exported table olives to 94 countries with the import leadership of Germany by 23 million 263 thousand dollars. Iraq and Romania has followed Germany.
Key Figures of Table Olives Export of Turkey
- First 3 importer countries: Germany, Iraq and Romania
- 2017-2018 olive season has started on 1 October 2017.
- Green Olives export from reached to 12 million 730 thousand dollars.
- Black Olives from Turkey reached to 58 million 322 thousand dollars.
- Table olives crop quantity of Turkey: 450 thousand tons.
- Target crop quantity: 1 million 200 thousand tons.
- Table olive competitors of Turkey: Egypt and Greece.
Izmir Organic, Turkey